How to Read Our Snow Data
Snowfall amounts for 12hr (overnight), 24hr, and 48hr timeframes are based on measurements taken at 5am daily. Between 5pm and 5am our weather data is automatically updated based on telemetry data from Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center and represents our overnight totals. The "Since 5am" snowfall amount is based on manual measurements taken periodically throughout the day.
Wind speeds for the base of Alpental and Base of Summit West courtesy of Yahoo! Weather.
Wednesday Lift Details
With mother nature on a mid-winter break we will only be running West and Alpental today along with Chair 2! Summit West is open for Night Skiing, however, please note that we will have restricted terrain available once the lights go on. Pacific Crest lift will close at 5PM due to the condition of the main runs down from the top. The following is a list of lifts and operation times:
- Pacific Crest will be open 9AM-5PM
- Julies and Upper West Carpet will be open from 1PM-10PM
- Upper Magic Carpet and Little Thunder will be open from 9AM-10PM
- Armstrong Express and Sessel will be open from 9AM-4PM
- Chair 2 will be open from 9AM-3PM
- St. Bernard and the magic carpet at Alpental will be open from 2PM-4PM
This afternoon the sun is shining and visibility is prime, we are having a blue bird day folks! We want to remind everyone to dress with layers today as the temperatures at each base area vary dramatically from one base to another. Also, don't forget to bring your sunglasses, and sunscreen!
At the base of Alpental and West we are experiencing hard pack corduroy groomers, yet the sun is going to continue soften up the mountain tremendously throughout the afternoon. At the top of Alpental we are experiencing hard packed snow as well, but there are no groomed runs up top. If your out boarding or skiing with us today, we do recommend you stick to the groomed and tracked out runs to avoid the frozen crunchy snow that exists off-piste. The groomers are going to be fast and fun today! Our crew has done a great job getting the mountain ready for us.
FUN AT THE SUMMIT!
- Try a new snow sport, head over to rentals a check out some equipment that is foreign to you.
- Stop by Stans or Timberwolf for lunch! (Full bar at Timberwolf)
- Stop by retail its open! (Don't forget to get your Summit at Snoqualmie Super Bowl T-shirt!)
- Come check out our terrain park
Early season and low snow conditions exist currently with thin cover, lower slopes particularly. Please be careful and watch for both marked and unmarked hazards and ski and ride with care! We suggest bringing up your older equipment and leaving your brand new boards at home until we gain more snow base.
The roadway is bare and dry, wet in places. I-90 milepost 63, both eastbound lanes will be closed 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 28 and traffic will be detoured around the work using the off and on ramps. Expect traffic delays and added travel time.